As we go through these confusing and trying times, here are some resources to both engage your child in their walk with the Lord. Enjoy!
- We are studying the book of Proverbs. We will be reading one chapter for each day of the month. For example, on the 20th day of the month, we will be reading Proverbs 20. For each chapter, we ask that each child or family write down 3-4 reflection sentences answering “What did you learn from this chapter?” Reflections can be recorded here
- Memory Verses for Kids: The Bible says “This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.” Joshua 1:8There are so many ways to go about learning memory verses with children:
- You can say them out loud as a group
- Write them down
- Create hand motions to go along with the verse
- Turn the memory verse into a song
- Bible Trivia: Let’s have some fun. Work with your family to remember these trivia facts about the General Bible, Genesis, and Exodus. We will have an online game next Thursday. Details to come.
- Family time: Let’s use this time to develop or ramp up your family devotionals. Feel free to adapt these lessons as you see fit. May the Lord continue to bless and keep you
- Lifeway online Sunday School: Here is another great resource for families to use.
- Go to www.digitalpass.lifeway.com
- Login or create an account (free)
- Click the LifeWay Kids (or Preschool) at Home icon on the main page
- Artsy? Here are some great resources for arts and craft ideas.
- Family challenge: Jesus House Chicago led by the Creative Arts Department will be going through all the Psalms for 2020. Here are the ones or our Month of Total Trust (March): Psalms 11, 20, 25, 27, 46, 56, 62, 63, 91, 119 v 33-48, 125, 131, and 143. The Challenge – Think of a creative way to present one of these Psalms. Record it, Take a picture, or email it.