Dear Jesus House Chicago Family,
We thank God for how He has seen us through the COVID Pandemic and we are grateful that normalcy is slowly returning.
As most of you are aware, the CDC, the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois loosened many restrictions regarding mask requirements. With this update and after careful deliberation with healthcare officials in house, the church leadership has decided to adopt a Mask Optional policy.
The new Mask Optional policy will be effective from Sunday, March 27th and it will apply to the entire church – the Adult church, the Youth (Teenage) church and the Children’s Church.
While masks will be optional based on what we currently know, please take note of the following:
- We encourage you to feel free to wear a mask in accordance with what is best for your individual or family situation, especially if you are part of a vulnerable population where masking is still strongly encouraged.
- We ask that you please respect and honor the choices of fellow congregants, whether it is to maintain social distance, to wear a mask, or not to wear a mask.
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you kindly stay at home and engage with our online church community during that period. If you are sick to the extent of needing assistance during that period, please seek medical advice and inform the church for support.
- The church will continue to practice infection prevention and control practices and make hand sanitizers and masks accessible in the building. Please continue to wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
- We encourage those who are eligible for vaccination but are not yet vaccinated to please do so as soon as possible.
- As we encourage vaccination, we also recognize that there are people among us who cannot or may not be vaccinated, especially children under the age of 6 months and those who are immunocompromised. We ask that we all continue to make this group feel safe.
- In order to get a feel of things in our church community, we may ask you to fill anonymous surveys regarding the COVID subject matter from time to time.
As we have done consistently throughout the last three years, our plan will continue to be responsive to the evolving pandemic and your safety and well-being will always be our utmost concern. We pray that the worst is finally behind us, but should the external environment warrant, we will reinstitute mitigation measures that have been dropped to help ensure a healthy environment at Jesus House Chicago.
The Jesus House Chicago Family has been great through all of these. Please let us all carry on in this spirit of respect and kindness and continue to collaborate as an understanding community.
Thank you for your patience, support and understanding. May God continue to bless and keep you and yours safe in Jesus’ name.
In His Service,
Our in-person and online services will continue to hold as follows:
Moments of Grace
iCare Centers fellowship will take place online every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Click here for details.
It is important that in these times we continue to faithfully give as we contribute to the support and well-being of our community. There are a few ways that you can give:
- Our website: https://www.jesushouse.org/Give
- Our Hotline (708-328-3070)
- Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contributions, enable us to serve you and our community. We pray that God will bless you as you give in Jesus’ Name.
Be assured that God is not unaware of what it going on. Because He does not change, His thought towards you remain “of good and not of evil” (Jeremiah 29:11).
I pray that God will continue to prosper you and that you will be in good health; even as your soul prospers in Jesus Name. It is my prayer that we will not be victims of this virus in Jesus Name.
May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace (Numbers 6:24-26)