Jesus House Chicago seeks a Staff Accountant. Working with the Head of Accounts and Church office staffs, the Staff Accountant will assist with all activities related to day-to-day accounting, account reconciliations, financial reporting, and accounts payable. They will also develop business
processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Record payroll and monthly accruals
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile, adjust, and maintain balance sheet accounts such as prepaid expenses,
accounts receivable, accrued expenses, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close.
- Prepare and maintain accounts payable.
- Track capital and other special campaign revenue and expenses
- Participate in the annual forecasting/budgeting processes.
- Assist with the year-end external audit and reporting processes.
- Assist in maintaining a controlled environment through proper documentation and internal controls.
- Associate degree/ bachelor’s in accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of progressive accounting experience, non-profit is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems such as QuickBooks is desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative flexibility and team approach; must be comfortable working with the staff at all levels across the organization.
- Thorough, quality-conscious, and detailed-oriented
- Demonstrates job competencies in the following areas:
- Problem-solving, innovation/creativity, and adaptability.
- Oral and written communication
- Teamwork, judgment, planning/organizing, and initiative.
- Productivity, high energy and self-motivation, and professionalism
- Attendance/punctuality and dependability
- Achievement-oriented with assignments and financial accountability
- Commitment to equity and social justice and proven ability to thrive in a diverse, equitable, just, and inclusive environment.
- Comfort working in a faith-based, multi-cultural, and diverse organization.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Jesus House Chicago you will be required to share proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. This requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Physical Setting/Location: Office environment
- Schedule: Tuesdays to Sunday (Off on Saturday & Mondays)